Saturday, October 23, 2010

Useful Course Assignment

Of the two major group projects that we've worked on, I found the most recent one to be the most helpful/useful. I think it is better than the second one because it helps us understand more about social organizations that are there for the public. From this second course project, I've learned a lot more about the American Cancer Society than I ever knew about. Before doing research on this organization, I knew only the surface deep about them, just the general things. However, after completing this project, I feel like I know a lot more about them in depth and can use that to my advantage later on in life if it were to ever come up again, or if I needed it later in life myself. Although the first project helped us understand what's going on around us (news and politics), I feel like that's just knowledge in general. On the contrary, knowledge on social organizations may come in handy when you know where to go if you were in need for a certain situation that those organizations support and help. Also, I liked the second group project more because it went by a lot faster and wasn't as much of a challenge to do. For some reason, I had a harder time completing the first assignment than I did for the second one. Therefore, not only is the second assignment a lot more useful, but a lot more convenient for students such as myself to complete.

1 comment:

  1. Hey QUANG7, I have to agree with you that the second group project was a lot more useful for me than the last. You brought up a lot of good points, one of which is that social organizations are something that is very common to the public, and this assignment really helped you get in-depth with why a social organization is doing what they are doing and how they do it. My group did Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and though I've heard of it before, I never really looked into it, but once I did I learned a lot more about it than I thought I could.

    ReplyDelete