Saturday, September 11, 2010

Leadership

While reading through the text, one concept I've found interesting would be the section on leadership, from "The Essential Guide to Group Communication" by Mary O. Wiemann and Dan O'Hair. There are all four types of leadership: authoritarian, consultative, participative, and laissez-faire. However, the main one that stood out to me would be the consultative leadership. This caught my attenion the most because based on the what's written, there were many things I was unaware of about this leadership. In short, the two paragraphs written about consultative leadership talked about how leaders usually resort to this style just as a "facade," because although they ask for their team members' opinions and ideas, the leaders end up making all decisions alone.

This was of interest to me because I actually did not know there was a term for such thing. Even though I'm aware that there are different types of leadership, it amazes me in a way how there's a separate category for them. I know it seems irrelevant to the topic, but I just thought I'd share this personal thought =).

No comments:

Post a Comment